Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I get so...

discouraged at times with my "crafty" abilities...or maybe I should say "lack of" ability...I have all the bells and whistles and yet I struggle with a layout or making a card...Unless I can lift it, I'm screwed, and even then I can't seem to get things right...Most people say that I'm too hard on myself...and in some part that's true...I try so hard...I take my time...I measure...and all those other things that you're supposed to do and I'm either crooked...cut too short...not straight in my placement...run out of room...don't have all the right letters...and the list goes on...
 
Some people say that if you're not enjoying your hobby that maybe it's time to quit...I do enjoy it...I just wish I was better at it...I'm scrapping so All Moments are Remembered and I'm hoping that down the road, my grandchildren will say "WOW" at all these creations...
 
Someone needs to create a scrap room where the scrapper sits in the middle of the room and their supplies are on a turnstile and with just a push of the button or the tap of a foot the supplies will just go around and around...This way, I wouldn't forget about all the stuff that I have and hopefully be able to use more and more of it as time goes on...
 
I did participate in 2 weekend long crops and even though I thought I packed carefully and planned things out, I still could have used "more" stuff...All in all, I believe I completed about 15 layouts...I have 1 more weekend crop coming up in November and I'm trying to decide if I want to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas cards or finish up some UFOs (unfinished objects) or create some new ones...I do have a few new photos and I know when I go through my stash there will be "new" paper to use...Meaning that it's paper I've forgotten I've had...
 
On the other hand, I'd really like to mass produce some Thanksgiving cards for my family and complete my Christmas cards...I have some made but I believe I might need a few more...I've gotten to the point that I only send my handmade cards to people that I think will appreciate the time, thought, and effort that goes in to making them...Sorry to say, the rest get generic cards as I know most people just toss them...There are a few people that will recycle and use them for tags on gifts for next year, but file 13 sees most of them...
 
Well it's been a long day and I have a fur baby that isn't feeling up to par so I need to check on her...Have a great evening and be safe...
 
 

No comments: