Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


Here's a LO that I did a couple of weeks ago and today is the appropriate day to post it here on my blog...Thanks for stopping by. The journalling reads as follows:


SOUNDS I MISS
Little did I know while growing up that some of the sounds that I took for granted, would someday be missing from my life…You’re probably wondering, what sounds could impact a person…My mother was an avid seamstress for as long as I can remember…We had a large wood dining room table, or at least I think that’s what it was, as I never really saw the top of it…Material, patterns, pins, and who knows what else…I can still hear the consistent sound of the pinking shears as my mother cut out her patterns…To this day, I still cannot duplicate that sound…My mother wore tongs, the ones that fit between your toes, or as we now call them, flip flops…I can hear the sound of the rubber meeting the heel of her feet…another consistent sound…I could never get lost in a store, for all I had to do was listen for the flip, flop, flip, flop of her tongs…Still don’t know how she managed to walk in those, as just putting them on my feet hurt my toes…My mother was not a morning person…and I learned quickly the answers to my questions by the different grunts and groans…A long mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm meant I’m not quite awake…a short mmmmmmm meant I didn’t hear you…and the list goes on…Now this is one trait I’m quite good at…just ask my kids…Along with the sounds of the grunts and groans goes the sound of the teaspoon hitting the sides of the coffee cup as she stirred in her sugar…Never missing a clink, clink, clink…By now, you’ve probably realized that my mother is an angel in heaven…While I can never duplicate those sounds, I can sit back, close my eyes, and still hear the sound of the pinking shears as they would glide across the table opening and closing, the flips and the flops, and the cling, cling, clang of the spoon…These sounds, along with many more, are sounds that I think about often and will miss hearing forever…




4 comments:

None None said...

Wow - June, what beautiful journaling. I got misty-eyed reading it. You have quite the way with words. And the LO is just gorgeous - so understated yet speaking volumes. Thanks for sharing!

Sandy/tx-nana-scraps said...

I meant to leave a post the other day when I read this. Great job on the journaling June. Keep up the great scrapping. :-)

Kelli said...

What a wonderful layout June! The journaling is so vivid!

Jen said...

A beautiful LO and beautiful journaling. Thank you for sharing with us. :)