Saturday, May 31, 2008

Warmer Weather Finally....




here in Ohio...Supposed to be super nice for the next couple of days, so I'm hoping to get some more yard work completed...With all the rain and cold weather we had it put me behind in planting...I actually waited till after Mother's Day and we still ended up with a frost so I did loose a couple of plants, but I had plenty more to take their place...I've noticed that as the years are going by and with camping it's harder and harder to keep up with weeding out the flower beds...There's so many things I enjoy doing in the summer that there's not enough summer to do them all...It seems something has got to given, but what...Therefore I was thinking of eliminating one of the flower beds, but then I can't decide which one for various reasons...
I have several rooms in the house that need painting so I'm also having that taken care of...The one ceiling in the bedroom needed quite a bit of work so that's been started...The painter will be back sometime next week to complete that and and then move onto to the bedroom side walls...I'm sure he'll be here quite a bit throughout the summer until it's completed...
My DGKs have had various sport activities ending, so there was basketball, soccer, lacrosse, and softball...My Nikon took some awesome pictures...I have yet to go through a pick out the ones that I want to scrap...
Haven't been to crops too much as with the high price of gas, I've been sticking close to home...but I've managed to make some cards during that time...something that's needed to be done for quite some time...
My grandson and I will be taking a trip to Florida shortly where we'll meet up with my dad and sister and eventually my youngest daughter will join us for a couple of days...looking forward to the R&R and having that quality time with my grandson...
Between camping and the Florida vacation I'll miss being on line with the great gals from AMR...and no matter what you really don't catch up with what you've missed...you can try, but it just doesn't work, at least not for me...
Once again this month I got a great package from my scrap pal, Sabrina...She finds the neatest things...and all though we've never met IRL, it's like we just click on pick out stuff for each other...She's got a wonderful family and I really enjoy reading her blog...she has such a wonderful way with words...
Think I'm going to try and make a few more cards and will be posted a few of the ones that I've already made...Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week coming up...




1 comment:

PattiM said...

Hey June,

You've been really busy this summer.... When you get having your rooms painted, can ya send him our way..
We need the eaves done... I really like the cards you did... Especially the wishing one....and chocolate....cute... Hope all is well with you... Take care..

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!