Saturday, April 8, 2017

Super Saturday...

After having my Nikon D40 camera for 10 years, and still having no clue as to what I was doing, despite taking several classes...nothing cost a whole lot, but figured I'd get some basics and hopefully more...my photos were ok, but I still thought I could do better, therefore I signed up for a class at the Cleveland Photographic Society...
 
 
I signed up last year...As the class date approached, I was having issues with the D40, so my daughter suggested that I consider a new camera...Loaded with great information that she supplied me with I am now the proud owner of the D5600...
 
My first class was today and it was AWESOME...I am so glad I put forth the few extra $$ to take this class...I now could kick myself for not having done this in the first place 10 years ago...We all know we can't go back, therefore, I'm looking forward to my next 5 classes along with 2 field trips...
 
In the jest of all this, I received numerous emails from the Society about different things they were sponsoring etc...One of those emails, was about submitting one of your favorite photos...I thought, what the heck...Not sure how they decide what they put on their wall at the Society, or if they just share everything they get and it really didn't matter..I followed directions and sent in my photo...not hearing anything further, I totally forgot about it...
 
Right before my class started today I decided to look at photos they have posted throughout their facility...and then it hit me, there was my photo...they enlarged to a 12 x 12 framed it and shared it with approximately 20 other photos on that particular wall...I was besides myself...and I'm still on a high, making today my "Super Saturday."
 
Pretty sure that not many people view my blog anymore, so if you happen to be reading this, I sure hope you were able to understand my ramblings...
 
Have a great evening and even a better Sunday...


No comments: