Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Tips

Since I'm still working on some LOs, I decided to post a couple of tips that I found quite useful when I first started making cards and scrapbooking. I realize many things have changed in the last couple of years but I think you'll like these tips.
  1. I put clear nail polish on the bottoms of my stamps prior to using them. It doesn't elliminate the staining completely but it sure helps.
  2. Small pointed scissors come in quite handy for those little spots
  3. Don't be afraid to try something. If you're unsure use a scrap of paper. You might be surprised on how things turn out.
  4. The corner photo punches that will let you put your photo underneath the corners. I messed up lotssssss of paper, before someone finally told me that the mat needs to be cut 1/2" bigger and it's a perfect fit. Example - photo is 5 x 7, cut the mat 5 1/2 x 7 1/2, do the corners, add pic, perfect.
  5. Perfect white pen to use on dark card stock - Uniball Signo White Pens - hard to find in local stores - I purchased mine on the internet.
  6. Buying paper - card stock or patterened paper - if at all possible buy 2 sheets of each - very hard to match up colors if you need more, especially solids.
I have scads more of tips and will post more on another day. These are some of the ones that I sure could have used when I started off. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Here's a funny tip for ya...dont try to match colors until you've turned on MORE than just your 40w light....lol

Anonymous said...

very cool! I will have to look for that white pen.

PattiM said...

Great tips, June......I've been wanting the white pen.......And I've been there done that with the amount of paper to purchase......I buy 4 or more now.....I'm not perfect and I do make lots of mistakes...LOL Extra paper always comes in handy with me...

Patti