Saturday, September 13, 2008

Beginning to wonder...

if I'll ever be able to do a LO or a card that will totally blow me away...I see all these fantastic, awesome, gorgeous things being done by other people and I still wonder if this if I will ever be able to duplicate those kinds of things...I'm not being critical about my way of scrapping or making cards and I don't want someone to say my stuff is awesome or gorgeous just to pacify me, but I'm wondering if I'll ever have that style...It seems that if I don't scrap lift that I just kinda freeze...unsure of what to do...I know I do this for myself and for my family to preserve the memories and I'll never be famous...but I realllllly want to be better at this...and I somehow don't know how...I've been published twice...in an online scrap magazine...and people have seen it and my name is there and I feel like wow...great...I'm excited...never thought that would happen...I am having something published in another magazine...very small, but it is exciting...not sure if I'm afraid to put alot of stuff on my LOs or if I just don't know how...but I lack something...Maybe I should just sit down...get some pictures and some scrappy stuff and just load it up and then go from there...put on and take off and see what I can come up with...or try layering like everyone seems to be doing...maybe I'm just afraid to take a chance...so maybe I should just challenge myself...or maybe my stuff is awesome and gorgeous an I just don't see it the way others see it...kind of hard to explain...this probably makes no sense to anyone but to me, and that's ok, as long as I understand...or maybe, just maybe, there are others out there that feel this but don't know how to put it into words or maybe are afraid to...who knows...so that's my goal...challenge myself...the sky is the limit...it's only supplies...and heaven knows I have scads of it...would never be able to use it all no matter what...so now I feel better...I'm just going to go for the gusto and see what happens...if nothing else, I'll have one big, awesome, gorgeous, fantastic mess...Have a wonderful day...

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Oh to be a fly on the wall and see you in your wonderful fabulous mess! June, I hear what you're saying, because a year ago I was trying to learn and grow into a new style too. But I think after copying lots of layouts and taking a few classes, I'm much more comfortable now in just doing my own thing ... sometimes copying, sometimes winging it, sometimes going fru-fru, sometimes keeping it super simple. You just have to find a place where you're happy just playing! You need to email Debbie Hodge and beg her to offer that Page Parts class again! I learned so much from that one!

PattiM said...

I love your LO's.... And they do WOW me!!! And you've been published. There's some other scrapper's that have wow pages but never been published.... Look at one of your first LO's and what your doing now... When I look at my first LO, I see how far I've come in creativity...how much I've learned from other scrapper's.... I think scrapping is everchanging with all the new eye candy and different tecniques that come out...
Love the LO with the girls underwater....

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!