Sunday, September 28, 2008

Remembering - Dedicated to my late husband, John

Little did we know that fourteen years ago today would be the last evening we would be spending with you...Both of our girls were out on their own...Tra was married and Deb was teaching 3rd grade...In fact she had open house that night at school, that we were planning on going to...Tra stopped over spur of the moment for super, stating that she didn't feel like waiting around the college between classes...We had a nice dinner, Tra left for school and you and I walked up to the school for the open house...You wanted to drive, saying rain was in the forecast, I said it's not going to rain, lets walk...so walk we did...Deb's open house went well...you were being you chatting with everyone in sight...you were especially looking for Tia, a family friend, to say hello...we all joked around that she was girlfriend...no matter how hard you looked, you never did see her...to this day, she always says how she wished she had seen you that one last time...We said goodbye to Deb and headed for home...Of course, you were right, and it rained...we walked hand in hand, laughing about the rain saying how good it felt on such a warm evening...By the time we got home, my hair was matted to my head and our clothes were pretty wet...You offered to wash my hair, something that I really enjoyed...Of course who could pass up that offer...It was late, time for bed for me...you always stayed up longer to watch TV...Little did I know what tomorrow had in store for the family...I can remember like it was yesterday...

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I don't know what to say just sending you {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Sabrina said...

Yours is inspiration to me too! I'm working on the cards still. Got a bit behind but should finish up this week! ~Sabrina

Kathy said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{June}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}